Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Summer Showers

Tonight I had a meeting with some friends at church. I made it home just in time to beat this summertime rain storm we're getting. I LOVE rain. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing like a clear sunny day to make me smile, but there's just something about rain that soothes me. The sound, the smell, the very thought of washing the day away. I love it. On my way in the house this evening I felt so thankful for the rain because it would help my newly planted flowers get prettier and healthier. That got me thinking about "rain" in my own life...you know, something hard to endure, but in time it helps you grow. During this time there is most likely scary stuff like lightening, but in the end you are better and stronger than before. I realize I'm possibly over simplifying this process, but I'm a simple person...

These are just my ramblings to anyone in a "rain storm" time of their life. Whether you've lost your job, lost a loved one, or are struggling with depression or addiction, don't lose faith. I have endured a few storms, (and no doubt will endure many more since I hope to live a good many more years), as long as any of us hold on to our faith in Jesus Christ we will continue to grow from these storms. Praise God!

2 Corinthians 5:7 "We live by faith, not by sight."

No comments:

Post a Comment